Thursday, November 16, 2006

2006 Iron Bowl Week - Thursday Edition

A busier day than I initially realized that I would have. All I have to bring you today is another piece on the lack of national attention this year's Iron Bowl is drawing. I can't believe I am hearing more about Cal-USC than the Iron Bowl, but I guess that's the trade-off for sandy beaches and sunny, 70 degree days in November. Anyhow, Troy Johnson with the Ledger-Enquirer out of Columbus, GA writes "this one doesn't have the sizzle" in today's edition. As I have written about this topic for several days, I have come to kind of appreciate the fact that this game isn't drawing the national attention. Those they have not experienced this game just don't get it, so alums and fans of both institutions should just revel in the fact that they truly get to be a a part of something so special that so many folks across the country take for granted or as I said, just don't get it. So War Eagle and Roll Tide, let's tee it up in under 48 hours.

On a side note, does anyone now what happened to the Pickens County Herald? That paper's sports editor, Kevin Strickland, wrote an awesome column entitled "From the Sidelines." I no longer can find a link to the paper's website though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home