Thursday, August 17, 2006

Arkansas Names "Hard Working Hog" Starting QB

"I might be 2-5 as a starter, but I'm a Hard Working Hog."

Houston Nutt announced that Robert Johnson will be the starter for the Hogs' opener against USC.

This does not bode well for the Hogs. Plain and simple, Robert Johnson, although he was named the "Hard Working Hog" for the 2004 - 2005 academic year (not making this up, per the Razorback's website) is not an SEC caliber quarterback. Casey Dick did an admirable job last year taking over the reigns from Johnson after he led the Hogs to a 2-5 start. Unfortunately, Casey is banged up, so Johnson gets the nod over Freshman sensation Mitch Mustain.

I'm loving the Trojans at - 8 and am rapidly losing faith in the publicity the Hogs have been receiving. I'm not convinced that the Trojans lost that much and Arkansas is that improved for the Hogs to make up enough ground after a 52 point loss to the Trojans last year and I'm definitely not sold on Robert Johnson running an offense coached by a guy who was calling plays in a high school football jamboree this time last year. I hope Guy is ready for opponents to stack the line of scrimmage and force Robert Johnson to beat them with his arm.

Pack your bags, Houston - I hope you have enjoyed your time in Fayetteville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home